Keeping your nose to the grindstone can be really draining. The problem with that is you’ve sucked out your excitement for the task as well as creative ideas that you get when you aren’t so exhausted.
It’s just not a good idea physically or mentally.
During the work day, try some of these:
- Go outside. Just a 10 minute walk around the building can be refreshing- in the warm summer air or the brisk winter dampness. Clear out the cobwebs.
- Stretch. Take a walk around the office. Do some toe touches and other gentle stretches.
- Grab a cup of tea or other soothing warm beverage. While it heats, take the time to just relax your shoulders and breathe slowly.
- Leave work for a short lunch. Take a little drive. Eat a sandwich on a park bench.
- Put on headphones and take a ten minute music break.
Until next time …