Our Next Organizing Tip to Make Your Life Easier is…
28) Dealing with the kids’ school papers
If you’re buried in kids’ artwork and school papers, give this idea a try. Set up a bin that you can place certain artwork you are not sure whether it is something you want as a “keepsake”. Then, whenever you’re on the fence about keeping something that comes home from school, simply place it in the bin.
- Once a month sort through all the artwork and choose ONE piece of art.
- Then at the end of the school year go through all the artwork you saved (you should only have 10 per child)
- Pick your top 3-5 favorites
- Keep those that represent
- growth (handprint)
- development (1st cursive writing) or
- special memories (what I want to be when I grow up essay)
This should make it much easier to pull the “treasures from the stack!”
Until Next Time….