Our next Organizing Tip to Make Your Life Easier is…..
8) Keep Your Email Cleaned Out
I have a friend who has 1,527 messages in his inbox, going aback at least two years. “Why do you keep them?” I ask, advising him to just trash all but the last two day’s worth, after seeing they are mostly forwarded jokes, ads, old deadlines, and so on. “I am afraid I might miss something,” he tells me. Yet he also told me how he missed two important emails because he avoids his in box as it is so full. You get the picture. There are a couple of options here
- Sign up for an email where you can archive (and always have access, if you feel you need it) old mail and just keep the last week or so of mail in the inbox.
- You could unsubscribe from all the ads, let your peeps know you don’t want jokes and if you get them, trash them (most of these are where computer viruses come from), and then handle and delete your work and task emails
- Use your email servers “file” option and make file names for your emails you want to save but have already dealt with.
- NOTE: You should never have more than 25 emails in your in bin at any given time.
Until Next Time…