- Start with one room at a time and with one spot at a time. Choose a place you use a lot- let’s say the kitchen. One day clear and clean the kitchen counters. The next day organize the pantry. The next day clear out one cabinet and so on until you are done.
- Hire a professional organizer to whip things into shape.
- Set up a daily routine to put things back where they belong so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Create job jar or chore chart and spread the work among the family. If they can’t help do chores they also can’t participate in fun things like games, movies and going out to eat. There has to be a balance.
- Use a cleaning service – even once a month can make a big difference. Think you can’t afford it? If this stress was off your plate and you used that time to increase your business, wouldn’t that work just fine?
Until next time …