This is the PERFECT spot to practice putting like items together. By sorting your clothing into athletic wear, dressy clothes, work outfits and casual clothes, it will take so little time to get dressed. Not only that, but you’ll find you are utilizing your entire wardrobe. (And to think how much you spent on that wardrobe!)
- Take clothes out of the closet.
- Sort into use: workout, dressy, career, casual and so on.
- Put each category away one at a time. As you do so, subdivide into pants, tops, sweaters, dresses etc.
- Also, take a minute to divide by season. Depending on your available storage space, put your winter clothing either in the back of the closet, a spare room closet or in tubs to store away. This way you only have clothing for this season front and center.
- Think vertical. Make use of all of the wall space in your closet by adding hooks for belts, scarves, hats and purses.
- For shoes, leave out the pairs you wear all the time. For ones you wear occasionally, like very dressy heels, stack them in boxes so they won’t get dusty.
- Make sure to have a basket for dry cleaning and a hamper.
Until next time ..