I’m a bit sad my son is leaving for college this coming week. Although, if you ask him, he’s probably say I was thrilled to death. We really are going to convert his room to a theatre room, but we still love him. After some thought, I realize he will be really missed. Ten reasons why our son will be missed:
10. Who’s going to take the trash out each week?
9. Who’s going to remember to put out the recycle?
8. Who’s going to change the TV stations for me? Forget the remote-that’s why we have children. To do all the things we don’t want to.
7. How will the dishwasher get loaded and unloaded?
6. Who’s going feed the dog…and bathe her????
5. How does the vacuum cleaner work again?
4. Gosh, what’s the big red thing in the garage called again?? Oh, a load mower. Perhaps he can come home every two weeks…hmmm
3. Who’s going to leave the television on all day?
2. Will really miss going in the fridge for my favorite drink and it’s ACTUALLY there and not an empty container.
1. and the number one reason my son will be missed while he’s in college, who will I have to fuss at…
Although there is a bright side to this story. I can visit him at school: take long showers, eat all his food, leave my clothes on the floor, turn on all the lights and let’s not forget the television and radio should be on at the SAME time on volume 80… Now this just might work out…
Until next time…