1. Holiday cards are NOT passé! But many of us would admit the cards are sometime the first to go during holiday overwhelm times. There are some options, though, that help relieve the stress, make it more fun to send cards and cut the time we spend on them! Some are finding virtual cards are just as good as paper. I’ve got mixed feelings on that, but that’s another post….. Try these quick ideas to make holiday card prep easier:
• Keep an online address list in a word document in a label format, then you can print the labels for your cards every year. Put the personal message in the card.
• Have a family card party – put partner and children to work signing cards and writing messages!
• Instead of a holiday card, send a New Year’s card. It’s peaceful to sit down after the holiday rush and write meaningful notes to those you care about.
• Abbreviate your card list…are you still sending cards out of obligation to people you haven’t seen or spoken to in years and don’t plan to see or talk to ever …. ever? Cut!
Until next time…