Sometimes you want to declutter but get stuck on the fear you’ll discard something of value. That is a reasonable fear but not a reason to get stuck. Instead of just hanging on to more and more things, find out what things are really worth.
- Look on eBay to see if that item has sold there.
- Visit auction sites to see if the item has been auctioned off.
- Use google to look for the item by name or designer.
- Don’t know what the item is called, then search by image. Take a picture of the item. Upload it to your computer then follow these directionsin order to find out if anyone else put a picture like it online.
- Hire an appraiser. If you really think it is valuable, hire a professional. Visit http://www.appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser.
- Contact an expert. For example, take jewelry to a jewelry store, a model train to a model train club or books to a used book shop.
Until next time …