When you run into a girlfriend and they say “Hey, what have you been up to? I haven’t seen you in a while,” you are sure to launch into the first thing on your mind and I bet it is a project. From launching a new product at work to remodeling your living room or having your first scout troop, your life is one project after another.
Right now I can think of several things happening in my own life. I might not call them projects when I speak about them but that is just what they are:
- I’m on a committee to organize a club’s birthday celebration
- This is the year I promised to really put some perennials in the garden around my porch
- A vacation is in the works (I hope!)
- Ramping up marketing is a summer work goal
- My tidy but uninspiring guest room is calling my name
That’s just a mild list since summer dawns and things slow a bit. Any given day it could contain multiple work items, home items, civic groups and social clubs. Add in parenting things and the list expands.
All in all, these things are a project. Each would go more smoothly with a plan. I thought some tips, ideas and resources you can put to work for any kind of project you want to finish would be just the trick!
Until next time …