Work-Life balance should really be work + life + you = balance. There is an old saying about burning the candle at both ends. The result of that scenario is there is no candle left! That happens when you crush it at work and crush it at home until there is no you left.
Your good health – both mental and physical – is the key to a great work life and a great home life. You simply can’t be your best at either if you are run down. As much as you don’t think you have time for yourself, you need to make it a priority. This includes:
- Making time to get out and walk or exercise.
- Taking a break from stress. Be outdoors. Meditate. Do some yoga.
- Stock up on healthy foods so when you are busy, they are easily in reach.
- Make and keep doctor and dentist check-ups and tests.
- Take the medication you are prescribed and eat the diet you are recommended.
All in all, you will have more energy and be more productive if you are healthy and in good shape.
Until next time …