Here is a quick quiz:
At your home office desk or your kitchen desk or wherever in your home you have a desk or do paperwork, how does it look?
- There are papers and supplies and miscellaneous things everywhere, in no particular order. I just root through until I find what I am looking for.
- Papers are stacked, supplies are in a little supply container, drawers are doubling as junk receivers, and there are a few scattered pieces on the desktop. Most of the time I can find what I am looking for, but sometimes it takes a while.
- Everything is in drawers, although the drawers have no order to them, but at least the top of the desk is clear! I can work on the desk, if only I could find what I want to work on!
- My drawers are organized and my desk has all the supplies I need, in a desk organizer. I file things at least once a week, and keep my in bin level small.
- Everything has a place and everything is in its place both on the desk and in the drawers. Everyone in my family knows not to touch anything on my desk or put anything there. Nothing is out of place!
So, which of these rings true for you? A good organizer can tell a lot from the condition of your work area, because it reflects your style. Often this type of style is a reflection of your daily choices and way of living. Psychologist I am not, but organizer I am!
In the next few posts, I will talk about the styles I have seen in my work over the years.
Until Next Time….